Tuesday 14 April 2015

How I Wish To Be Remembered

Somehow, I always manage to find myself in a cemetery. I swear! With or without planning, I always stumble into one.



Yesterday, it happened yet again. As expected, I fell into my usual deep thoughts. 

Sharing with you some of my dark ponderings:

1. Nobody lives forever. At best, one can live until 98 yo.  I didn't see any centenarians in this cemetery.

2. Regardless of your wealth or status in life, you will end up in a container/box. You don't bring your medals, money, house or whatever important with you.

3. Nobody is ever remembered as "a hardworking employee", "highest earner", "richest man". 
Instead, people are remembered as...
-Loving husband/ wife
-Beloved father/mother
-Kind daughter/son


For sure, I will die. There are many things I don't know but this I am 100% certain. When that time comes, I want this written on my tombstone

I ate soulfully
I drank merrily
I danced without any care
I laughed heartily 
I loved with all my being 
I lived with no regrets 



How are you living your life?


Pensive,

L


No comments:

Post a Comment